Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

2011 Raya @ Home

This year we did not manage to go back hometown so we end up "celebrate" raya at home.  If I'm not wrong this is is the first time my husband have to sacrifice his raya celebration with his parent.  Which is hard for him.  No words can describe his sadness.

We are not prepare for raya so I just whip-up two simple dish to go with Tomato Rice for dinner.


Ayam masak merah is very common in most of the malay house.  So I want to try a new version of this dish.  Here is what I use for 1 no. of Chicken cut 16 wash & grilled in oven (deep fried is too oily), 200 ml Tomato puree, 50 ml Chili boh,  6 cloves Shallots & 3 cloves Garlic (blend), 1 no. tomato cut cubes, 2 pcs Cinnamon stick, 2 pcs Star anise and sugar & salt to taste.


As for second dish, I cook Egg Kurma for a change.  For this we need 5 no. Egg boiled hard, 3 cloves Challot & 1 clove Garlic (blend, 1 no. Potato cut cube, 1 no. Onion cut wedges 6, a bit of each Cinnamon, Star anise & Clove, 2 tbsp Kurma powder, 1 tbsp Meat curry powder, 50 ml thick coconut milk, 1 ltr water and Sugar & Salt to taste.

Cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment