Search This Blog

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Q's Nyonya Acar Fish



Finally, I did it. Yah............. my Nyonya Acar Fish.  It is one of the dish my mum used to prepare when she is alive.  But now, I have to do it as I could not find it in Klang Valley.  The one that I normally see is the malay version. 
Anyway I'm happy with the end product and here is the recipe for you to try.

Ingredient: 500 gm Senangin fish cut in half inch thick and deep fried, 150 gm Garlic sliced thin, 150 Ginger cut fine strip, 150 gm Fresh Tumeric sliced, 450 ml Cooking oil, 400 ml Rice Vinegar, 10 tbsp sugar, 1 tsp Salt and 3 tbsp Sesane seed fried.

Method: Dry garlic and ginger in hot sun till dried.  Heat oil in wok and fried the tumeric. In another wok pour in vinegar and add in sugar & salt. Stir in low fire till sugar & salt disolve. Once the oil and vinegar is luke warm, add in fried fish, garlic and ginger. Let it rest over night.

Cheers   :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment