Search This Blog

Sunday, January 30, 2011

What I did today

This is the first time I did my morning shopping at Giant. Normally I would go to Carrefour which is only 5 minutes drive away from my house. I reach there around 9.00am and to my surprise I'm not the early birds.  Thanks to Carrefour and now Giant for opening their door at 8.00 am on Saturday and Sunday.  It made shopping easy and convenience for people like me, who do not like to rub shoulder with other customers or waited at the long ques to pay for the groceries.  I completed my shopping around 10.30 am.  On the way home I stop over the wet market near Alam Damai thinking that there will be lots of parking space but I was wrong, The market is still pack with people doing their Chinese New Year shopping.  In the end I park illegally at the roadside near the market.  If not for fresh eggs to bake cakes and settle the news paper payment, I would not visit the market.

By the time I reach home and unpack the purchases, it's almost lunch time.  Oops, I totally forgotten to "tapau" lunch for my two hungry kids and bibik.  At last bibik Fried Seafood Taufoo, Fish Crackers and Prawn Fitters.  You know lah kids will always be kids.  They need proper meal.  So I suggested to Fried Wet Yellow Noodle for them.  Together with my son, we went over to Bandar Tun Hussein Onn to get the ingredient to cook the noodle.  But we end-up buying pack food from a Nasi Lemak Seller.  He normally sell his nasi lemak in the morning and finishes around 10.30 am. He even sell lunch menu in the afternoon. I bought four dishes from him. (Pucuk Paku masak lemak, Ikan Keli sambal, Daging masak asam pedas and Ayam masak kunyit)


Yummy..................  
I'll share the recipe in few days. Maybe during Chinese New Year.  Chow, need my rest as tomorrow need to bake cakes



No comments:

Post a Comment